There are several ways to measure a person’s temperature. One method to measure a person’s surface temperature is with the use of non-contact infrared thermometers.
It is easy to use, clean and disinfect. It measures temperature and displays a reading rapidly, and provides ability to retake a temperature quickly. It may be used to reduce cross-contamination risk and minimize the risk of spreading disease.
When using a non-contact infrared thermometer, such as Mintti Breeze, or Mintti Vision to measure a person’s skin temperature, we should follow the below tips.
1. Uses it in the optimal environment.
Determine if conditions are optimal for use. The environmental temperature should be between 60.8-95oF (16 ° C ~ 35 ° C) and relative humidity below 85 percent.
Place the non-contact infrared thermometer in the testing environment or room for 10-30 minutes prior to use to allow it to adjust to the environment. Use in a draft-free space and out of direct sun or near radiant heat sources. Do not use a non-contact infrared thermometer in strong electromagnetic interference environment.
2. Cleans between uses.
It should never be immersed in water or other liquids. Cleans the thermometer between uses, and follow the instructions in the cleaning and disinfecting section of the product instructions.
3. Prepares the person being evaluated.
In preparation for taking a temperature measurement with a non-contact infrared thermometer, the person using the thermometer should typically ensure that
- The test area of the forehead is clean, dry and not blocked during measurement.
- The person’s body temperature or temperature at the forehead test area has not been increased or decreased by wearing excessive clothing or head covers (for example headbands, bandanas), or by using facial cleansing products (for example cosmetic wipes).
- Do not operate the thermometer when the ear is not clean, or the skin of the forehead is sweating.
- When there is any wound in the ear measurement area, please do notuse the thermometer to avoid aggravating the severity of the wound.
4. Reads the User Manual before using a non-contact infrared thermometer:
Before using the device, please read the User Manual and strictly follow the guidelines and instructions for use. In particular, the following are typical instructions for usage.
- Hold the thermometer sensing area perpendicular to the forehead and instruct the person to remain stationary during measurement(s).
- The distance between the thermometer and forehead is 1-3 cm.
- Do not touch the sensing area of the thermometer and keep the sensor clean and dry.
For more information on Mintti Breeze, Mintti Vision for temperature management, or other solutions customized to your business goals and challenges, you may find out here, or request a Demo, you may also send us an email to: info@ minttihealth.com, we’ll respond shortly to your query.